The auditory learning, is fundamental for the development of each individual, and it mainly focuses in the understanding and assimilation of the information through auditory system.
So that it is represented by the ear and all its internal parts. Many of the people who use the auditory system of representation as main method to acquire and to absorb better the knowledge, do it through skillful audiolibros, classes, podcasts or even reading aloud to memorise data.
INDEX OF CONTENTS
That is the Auditory Learning?
The auditory learning is acquired using the sense of the ear and the concentration. It is a form of education directed to the students who have an effective understanding and assimilation of the data and the information through listening.
This is obtained more using the sense of hearing than the line of vision or any other senses. It consists especially of speaking and listening as main method of learning.
Importance of the Auditory Learning
From before being born we listened to everybody that surrounds to us and after being born we continued developing this ability. This skill will allow us to communicate to us by means of the oral and written language. The power to hear allows to catch, to focus and to understand what happens around to ours.
To listen is a complex psychological and physiological process of each human being, in who the waves of the sound bring about changes in the pressure and density of the air.
The simple fact to meet the different types from learning of each student allows a greater yield. In the same way it will allow search methods that harness it and develop for one better understanding of information, allowing therefore a clearer and fluid communication.
If we harnessed the auditory learning we will have more developed the following aspects:
- To speak and to recognize the sounds that surround to us.
- To easily understand and to retain the information by means of the oral language.
- To locate the sounds and to regulate the intensity of these.
- To reduce the annoying sounds at the time of concentrating to us.
- To listen a suitable tone.
- To vocalize certain more difficult phonemes correctly.
- To relate to us to new languages with greater facility.
To know how to listen, consists much more of things that simply to hear the voices of ours around. This implies to be arranged and open as much to receive as to emit opposite critics and opinions to ours. Of that indeed the argumentative debates consist.
In addition, we must accept that sometimes we are not expert of a subject in particular.
In conclusion, to know how to listen transforms to us, and is a process of generosity and humility that molds to us to image of a good leader.
Tools To improve the Auditory Learning
At the moment, people exist anywhere in the world in whom prevails the style of auditory learning. Since, its way conceptualizar the information is by means of the sound, that is to say, they associate the sound with what they want to remember.
Hearing and the language are not only tried to perceive the sounds and to reproduce them without coherence or order some. To listen consists of associating the sounds with thoughts and keeping that meaning to be able to process it, as well as to express it of daily and habitual form in our life.
The tools that use to improve this auditory learning are:
- Metaphors to remember words with difficulty.
- Reading and writing aloud.
- Videos to listen since therefore contained major can be assimilated.
- To record classes will allow that you can return to listen to them again.
- Assembly to discuss subjects in particular.
- To make debates in small groups and to strive to remember the discussed content.
The educative system is focused more to the line of vision than to the auditory thing. Therefore, the people who dominate the auditory learning have a series of advantages with respect to others at the time of assimilating information.
Not only one is to know how to listen, but they also own good retentive: simply they will need to listen once to memorise data and subjects. She is of great advantage to learn to listen to internalise data as history, Literature and philosophy.
Also, he is very useful for the languages or music, since the people with this peculiarity usually emphasize in:
- To assimilate the information and data in the form of sounds, as much speaking as listening.
- Facility to memorise and to remember names of people, book titles, films, music among others things.
- To remember and to memorise information of coherent way.
- Facility to remember and to learn languages.
Also, several disadvantages exist, especially if we generally take care of the practical matters as mathematics or sciences. These have represented the greater problem for the people of auditory learning.
Traditionally they require to learn other abilities, and is necessary to learn them of individual and practical way (in a few occasions it is obtained reading a book).
- To memorise is slower if the learning is visual.
- It is more difficult to memorise the mental maps if its content is only visual or has many images and graphs.
- At the time of memorising of form ordinate, if you do not remember some word, it turns out complicated to continue to the following one in the list.
- He is more frequent to relax with the noises of the environs.
Nevertheless, thanks to the technology and its advances we counted on classes in video, that allow to see and to listen to so many times as it is necessary.
Which are the Auditory Abilities?
A student whom she has more developed the auditory part depends on listening and the speech as his main way of learning. These are able to listen what they tell him to be able to understand the information and they can as well have difficulty with the instructions.
Also they use his auditory abilities to listen to and to repeat the way data ordinate with all the information that is sent to them.
Also, all have auditory abilities that determine an auditory quality. These are:
- Auditory relation.
- Location of the origin of the sound.
- Auditory distinction.
- Auditory laterality.
- Auditory assimilation.
The functions of the auditory learning allow the students to pay attention, to interpret and to understand what they are saying. In addition to locating the origin from where the voice comes from the person or the sound who hears, thus to be able to process and to understand the wave and auditory signal.
Also, the verbal explanations, directions and explanations that receive from one or several people during the learning of a subject or matter in particular.
Timoteo has studies in psychology and teaching, reason why it has collaborated with different social projects from education and psychology. He has developed his work especially in Galicia (Spain).
At the moment he writes in the Web that you are reading (Styles of Learning) with the purpose of to disclose the knowledge acquired during his time of study.